Die Cut Operator - 3rd shift
MasterTag is a leading manufacturer of labels and merchandising solutions for the horticultural industry. Located in Montague, Michigan, we are a family owned and operated company that services customers throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia. Our philosophy is simple; to make great products and provide excellent services, we must hire great people. Over the years, we have built an unrivaled reputation for creativity, reliability and innovation, making us the leader in horticultural labeling and merchandising.
We look for people who are self-motivated, collaborative and want to make a difference for themselves, their company and their community. This is a perfect opportunity for an ambitious, self-managed, energetic, and creative individual who is looking for more responsibility and ready to take the next step in their career.
Because employees are the key to our success, MasterTag offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, vision, dental, life insurance and a 401(k) contribution plan.
Able to run all machinery in the Die Cut Department - maintaining standard rates, following and mainting quality & process standards. Must have good understanding of steel rule dies and waste stripping methods.
- Operate all machinery in the die cutting function
- Accurately input & maintain data into shop floor data collection.
- Preventative maintenance must be adhered to on all machinery in the Die Cut Department - as directed and supported by Management.
- Ability to perform die and stripping change overs on all cutting machinery
- Maintain quality standards & adhere to standard operating procedures - such as off-register, (plate or sheet counts) and cutting quality.
- Strong understanding of safety devices & procedures.
- Maintain a clean work environment - adhering to 5S processes & procedures.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to be on your feet for an extended period of time.
- Ability to use hands, arms and wrists.
- Ability to count.
- Good understanding of standard mechanical tools, (wrenches, screw drivers, measuring devises, cutting devices, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills in a team atmosphere.
- Vision; Ability to see shapes, sizes, distances, motion, color and other characteristics of objects with or without correction.
- Ability to read (work instructions, production orders and scheduling reports)
- Good organizational skills.
- Kneeling, crouching and flexibility to be in odd positions is a must.
- General computer knowledge.
- General mechanical adjustment.
- Ability to systematically trouble shoot machinery, materials, dies and strippers.
- Great mechanical aptitude.
- Good understanding of steel rule dies and stripping devices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.