Director of Sales
Sales & Marketing
MasterTag is a leading manufacturer of labels and merchandising solutions for the horticultural industry. Located in Montague, Michigan, we are a family owned and operated company that services customers throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia. Our philosophy is simple; to make great products and provide excellent services, we must hire great people. Over the years, we have built an unrivaled reputation for creativity, reliability and innovation, making us the leader in horticultural labeling and merchandising.
We look for people who are self-motivated, collaborative and want to make a difference for themselves, their company and their community. This is a perfect opportunity for an ambitious, self-managed, energetic, and creative individual who is looking for more responsibility and ready to take the next step in their career.
Because employees are the key to our success, MasterTag offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, vision, dental, life insurance and a 401(k) contribution plan.
The Director of Sales is responsible to strategically lead and partner with key areas of the organization to manage all sales activities and programs. The Director is also accountable for managing the sales staff, attaining monthly or annual sales targets, building up distribution channels, establishing strategic business relations, managing the sales budget, and providing ideas for all strategic sales plans and their implementation.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of strategic sales plans based on the feedback of the customer and market environment.
- Works with other Directors to integrate and align sales plans with available processes, IT systems, talent and other areas in order to increase the capability and success of sales force.
- Works closely with finance to establish selling prices and maintain healthy margins by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Works closely with the Executive team and finance to develop and implement reseller agreements, distribution strategies, and other sales opportunities.
- Provides input/feedback to Marketing team on market segmentation strategies, product development strategies, marketing plan and tactics.
- Develops yearly sales forecast by developing annual sales quotas for strategic accounts and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit.
- Monitors sales forecast closely, reports variances and works closely with sales team to make necessary adjustments and secure sales.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotas and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Develops, monitors and manages yearly sales operating budget.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Manages the performance and activities of the entire sales team.
- Drives success of the sales team through setting performance goals, counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and conducting performance appraisals.
- Works closely with the sales team to develop, manage, and nurture new and existing business partnerships and accounts to accomplish volume and profit goals.
- Works closely with the sales team to grow the account list, handling incoming new business leads and assisting the sales team with closing sales.
- Conducts annual sales meetings.
- Recruits, selects, orients and trains new employees.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Represents company at relevant trade association meetings and trade shows.
- Must have served in a Director of Sales role and have 10+ years horticultural sales experience.
- Experience in developing sales strategies and performance metrics.
- Strong understanding of the industry supply chain including retail environment and customer needs.
- Proven ability to lead, manage, motivate and mentor other sales personnel is required.
- Problem solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with Senior Executives.
- Able to manage effectively a cross-functional team.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership ability, entrepreneurial attitude and a good team player.
- Advanced computer program skills like Microsoft Word, Excel and so on.
- Strong training and presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiation and sales skills.
- Able to work under pressure and on a deadline.
- Ability to meet travel requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or marketing related field.