Human Resources Administrative Assistant
MasterTag is a leading manufacturer of labels and merchandising solutions for the horticultural industry. Located in Montague, Michigan, we are a family owned and operated company that services customers throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia. Our philosophy is simple; to make great products and provide excellent services, we must hire great people. Over the years, we have built an unrivaled reputation for creativity, reliability and innovation, making us the leader in horticultural labeling and merchandising.
We look for people who are self-motivated, collaborative and want to make a difference for themselves, their company and their community. This is a perfect opportunity for an ambitious, self-managed, energetic, and creative individual who is looking for more responsibility and ready to take the next step in their career.
Because employees are the key to our success, MasterTag offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, vision, dental, life insurance and a 401(k) contribution plan.
The Human Resources Administrative Assistant contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a productive and positive workforce.
The Human Resources Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing the first and foremost impression of MasterTag to customers, clients and candidates. The HR Administrative Assistant is also responsible to help with the implementation of services, policies, and programs through HR staff; reports to the Human Resource Manager, and assists in many functions, including planning receptions and employee events.
- Answer telephone for human resources and greet incoming guests, employees and customers. Screen calls, direct calls and relay messages to the appropriate department or MasterTag representative.
- Assist customers in smooth and efficient manner. Provide information to callers, greet persons entering the organization and direct individuals to correct destination.
- Ensure knowledge of visitor whereabouts and maintaining exact and complete sign-out/sign-in procedures for consumers and on-site staff.
- Deal with queries or requests from the customers and public.
- Organize MasterTag events such as the Employee appreciation party, Company Picnic, Sales Team meetings, etc.
- As requested, schedule appointments and organize meetings.
- Ensure that common areas in office premises are neat and equipped with required office supplies as appropriate.
- Respond to various questions, concerns, sensitive and confidential matters from employees, managers and agencies/departments by asking appropriate questions to direct them to the appropriate responsible HR personnel.
- Keep up on current issues and matters in the organization related to the HR department.
- Maintain employee file records up-to-date by handling changes in employee status in a timely manner.
- Assist and participate with department or organizational projects or committees as requested.
- Distribute all special occasion gifts and letters (Holiday letters/Bonus, Birthday and Anniversary etc).
- Provide general administrative support such as preparing correspondence, forms and reports, arranging meetings, composing regular correspondence, processing confidential reports and documents, filing electronic and hard copy.
- Coordinate the maintenance and repair of office equipment for HR Department.
- 2-4 years of experience within a Human Resources department preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Ability to present information in forms, tables and spreadsheets.
- Should be effectual communicator verbally as well as through writing skills.
- Must be able to manage sensitive and confidential material and be committed to a diversity and equality culture.
- High School diploma or equivalent; associates degree preferred.