Printing Press Operator - 3rd Shift
MasterTag is a leading manufacturer of labels and merchandising solutions for the horticultural industry. Located in Montague, Michigan, we are a family owned and operated company that services customers throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia. Our philosophy is simple; to make great products and provide excellent services, we must hire great people. Over the years, we have built an unrivaled reputation for creativity, reliability and innovation, making us the leader in horticultural labeling and merchandising.
We look for people who are self-motivated, collaborative and want to make a difference for themselves, their company and their community. This is a perfect opportunity for an ambitious, self-managed, energetic, and creative individual who is looking for more responsibility and ready to take the next step in their career.
Because employees are the key to our success, MasterTag offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, vision, dental, life insurance and a 401(k) contribution plan.
Able to operate all machinery in the press department; Heidelberg’s Printect manager and related functions, Suprasetter, printing press. Perform all preventative maintenance and perform all material handling related functions.
This is a 3rd shift position. Reports to the Production Supervisor.
- Operate and maintain both Heidelberg printing presses.
- Operate and maintain all devices in the plate room and material handling area.
- A great understanding of our preventative maintenance on all machinery in the printing press department.
- Knowledge of safety devices on the machinery in the printing press department.
- Maintain 5S procedures and processes.
- A great understanding of how the printing press operates.
- Knowledge of our cleaning products and fountain solution.
- Knowledge of our various types of rollers in the printing press and processor.
- Ability to perform all aspects of our raw goods material handler.
- Ability to systematically troubleshoot all equipment in the press department.
- A very good understanding of the materials that are run through the printing press.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Possess all job skills necessary for the job of printing press operator.
- Possess and maintain a fork truck license.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to be on your feet for an extended period.
- Ability to use hands, arms and wrists.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Good computer knowledge.
- Great mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Good understanding of standard mechanical tools (wrenches, screw drivers, measuring devices, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to read (work instructions, production orders and scheduling reports).
- Good organizational skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.