Production Supervisor - 1st Shift
MasterTag is a leading manufacturer of labels and merchandising solutions for the horticultural industry. Located in Montague, Michigan, we are a family owned and operated company that services customers throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia. Our philosophy is simple; to make great products and provide excellent services, we must hire great people. Over the years, we have built an unrivaled reputation for creativity, reliability and innovation, making us the leader in horticultural labeling and merchandising.
We look for people who are self-motivated, collaborative and want to make a difference for themselves, their company and their community. This is a perfect opportunity for an ambitious, self-managed, energetic, and creative individual who is looking for more responsibility and ready to take the next step in their career.
Because employees are the key to our success, MasterTag offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, vision, dental, life insurance and a 401(k) contribution plan.
Must have a working understanding of product flow from the plate room through converting.
Must understand the functional areas' resource drivers, product rates, personnel, and needs specific to those functions. Responsible to oversee safety requirements are adhered to in all functions, monitor overall quality steps and monitor on time delivery. Uphold all MasterTag's policies which may result in record keeping and staff follow through.
Reports to Production Manager.
- Oversee the product flow from plating in press department, through to finished product in the converting department - prepared accurately for shipping/receiving.
- Maintain and enforce 5S program, good house keeping, etc.
- Maintain paid time off (PTO) and employees work schedules.
- Control of overtime hours, in balance with effective monitoring of due dates by function - adjusting machine and personnel resources to the most effective combinations.
- Orientation, monitoring and coaching new staff, including temporary staff.
- Responsible for overseeing safety and quality throughout manufacturing facility and the corresponding functional teams.
- Prepare and administer annual employee performance reviews.
- Oversee processes - verifying SOP's (standard operating procedures) are in place, staff are trained and utilizing as written.
- Prepare written warnings, final warnings, and employee status records, as needed.
- Process & Support Injury investigations and safety reports.
- Monitor Preventive Maintenance execution, in coordination with the Maintenance Manager and Scheduling Manager.
- Maintaining teamwork and unity amongst employees - including temporary workers - through effective team building techniques and providing staff support as needed.
- Provide communication and support with other departments within the company
- Provide an atmosphere of positive teamwork and team building
- Call together weekly & monthly meetings with employee work groups
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess and maintain a valid fork truck license
- Basic computer skills - good organization and follow through on communication within electronic tools (Outlook, Word, PSA, DCUs, etc.)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Good mathematical skills
- Good understanding of standard mechanical tools
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Ability to read, understand and communicate to others (work instructions, production orders and scheduling reports, etc.)
- Good organizational skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent required