Human Resources Manager
MasterTag is a leading manufacturer of labels and merchandising solutions for the horticultural industry. Located in Montague, Michigan, we are a family owned and operated company that services customers throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia. Our philosophy is simple; to make great products and provide excellent services, we must hire great people. Over the years, we have built an unrivaled reputation for creativity, reliability and innovation, making us the leader in horticultural labeling and merchandising.
We look for people who are self-motivated, collaborative and want to make a difference for themselves, their company and their community. This is a perfect opportunity for an ambitious, self-managed, energetic, and creative individual who is looking for more responsibility and ready to take the next step in their career.
Because employees are the key to our success, MasterTag offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, vision, dental, life insurance and a 401(k) contribution plan.
The Human Resource Manager leads strategic cross-company initiatives critical to creating an open, diverse and inclusive work environment that supports high performing teams in a fun-loving and family oriented culture! Oversees all aspects of the organization’s human resources activities.
- Work closely with the MasterTag leadership team to create and foster the company, mission, vision, values and people related goals and objectives that align with MasterTag's business strategy.
- Serves as a member of the leadership team and acts as a trusted strategic human resource partner to the organization. Balances the businesses needs along with employee needs.
- Serve as coach and sounding board to individual leaders and employees. Advises and counsels managers on employee relations matters.
- Plans, manages, and executes all HR programs, including payroll, compensation, employee benefits, performance management, rewards and recognition, learning and development, employee relations, HR policies and HR software and safety & compliance.
- o Responsible to oversee the company's compensation program. The program should assist the organization in attracting and retaining its workforce. Also, ensures participation in annual salary surveys and facilitates the annual salary planning process
- o Oversee the organizations safety program that maintains employee confidence, meets MIOSHA/OSHA requirements, ensure preventive action and a safe work environment.
- o Drive our talent acquisition, growth, and management strategy and initiatives including attracting, retaining and developing top talent.
- o Oversee annual open enrollment benefits process which includes wellness initiatives, researching benefit best practices, geographic benchmarking and coordinating activities with our benefits broker.
- o Conducts investigations and resolves complaints and employee grievances. Works collaboratively with senior management team to develop, plan, approve and oversee all aspects of the organization's policies, objectives, and initiatives.
- Support organizational change-management projects, communications, and transition plans.
- Supervises and oversees the functions of the Human Resources support staff playing close attention to high customer and organization impact items.
- Maximize the employee experience to ensure a safe, fun, comfortable and enjoyable work experience.
- Develops and maintains standardized procedures and policies governing human resources that meet or exceed the standards of industry and ensure MasterTag's compliance with federal and state regulations and legal requirements.
- Leads and manages the creation and execution of the human resource tactical plans and ensures departmental goals are met in accordance with the overall strategic direction of the organization. Develops and benchmarks function goals utilizing data-driven measurables/metrics.
- Develops and manages department budgets and goals with a focus on premier customer service delivery in all reporting functions.
- Fosters an environment of continuous improvement.
- Communicate professionally both within the company and externally.
- Liaison with all areas of the company in thought leadership to meet or exceed goals and customer needs.
- Provide an atmosphere of positive teamwork.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years in human resources with a demonstration of leadership skills and progressively more experience in human resources required.
- High business acumen, planning and organization as well as conflict resolution and management skills.
- Excellent leadership, communication, analytical, people and project management skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to improve employee morale.
- Comprehensive understanding of local, state and federal employment laws.
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in decision making with a results driven orientation.
- Ability to participate as a team member as well as leader in a fast paced, collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications, human resources or other areas with an emphasis on customer service. PHR/SPHR/GPHR desired.
- Travel – less than 10%.