Shipping Claims Checklist
How to report a loss or damaged goods shipping claim
In order to ensure your best possible order experience, in the event of loss or damages to the shipment, we would like to provide some instruction for when you receive your order from the LTL Freight delivery carrier.
1. CAREFULLY INSPECT YOUR ORDER UPON DELIVERY
Once you sign for a shipment, you are accepting that shipment as complete and undamaged.
If you find any damaged or missing product, please make sure to note this (“Damaged product upon receipt” or “Missing product upon receipt”) on the carrier’s bill-of-lading (BOL) and notify us immediately at MasterTag@CHRobinson.com.
2. COUNT THE NUMBER OF CONTAINERS
Count the number of containers on the skid(s) and match it to the BOL.
3. TAKE PICTURES
If there appears to be obvious damage, take pictures while the product is still on the pallet, and in the original packaging.
Include these pictures in your email communication to MasterTag and CH Robinson at MasterTag@CHRobinson.com.
- Please Note MasterTag’s customers carry the initial burden of proof in a cargo claim occurrence; therefore, any documentation or pictures the receiver can provide will be beneficial in the claims process.
4. RETAIN THE DAMAGED GOODS AND PACKAGING
Please keep all original product and packaging until instructed otherwise.
5. PROCESS CLAIM and/or REPLACEMENT ORDER if required
MasterTag and CH Robinson will formulate a claim and/or a replacement order as is appropriate if required.