Retail Merchandising Increases Sales!
Retail merchandising can make a great impact on sales.
- Consumer products are typically merchandised with graphics and a message that draws attention.
- Inspiration and product benefits are presented to shoppers in a compelling and meaningful way.
- They sell a finished product, ready to use.
Kellogg’s or other consumer product companies would never display their product in a raw unfinished form.
- When this is done, it eliminates all possibility to inform and inspire shoppers.
- The product is not finished and relegated to a bulk commodity.
When plants are delivered and displayed carrying no inspiration or information, the product can fall short of shopper’s expectations.
- Unique features, new products and consumer benefits have no opportunity to be expressed.
- Sales are left to chance.
- The products seem unfinished and left to shoppers to figure out what to do with them.
When attention is paid to packaging and merchandising it offers an opportunity to communicate.
- Horticulture products can benefit by consumer product merchandising.
- When done well, unique features, new products and consumer benefits can be properly communicated.
- A finished product with unique and intrinsic benefits can be sold.
- Increased sales are realized.